Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound but no video when playing steams in kodi
hi all, abit of a  wierd one, set up a new computer and installed kodi and added the noobs portal as normal, installed a few plugins and tested to find the video plays but only with sound just given a black screen.

Ive come across this before on the computer so installed the latest flash player and codec packs but still no joy. i also found that it seems to be only streams from kodi the problem is with, i tested some video files on the hdd and testing youtube through the internet browser which are all working fine.

Havenet come across this before so hopeing there an easy fix

thanks guys
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Any chance you could grab a log, hopefully that may give some indication.

I don't think kodi utilises external codec packs so should be no need for flash player etc. Definitely sounds like it's a codec related problem but never seen that happen on a PC before.

First thing I'd be checking is that your gfx driver is up to date.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
no worries whuf ill see the computer again tomorrow so if i dont get a chance tomorrow ill get it posted up over the weekend. didnt know kodi didn't utilize external codec packs to be honest i didn't think youtube etc would have played either so when it did i was fairly surprised that the videos in kodi didn't work.

Ill also check the graphic drivers but all should be up to date, its a new windows 7 set up only done about 2 weeks ago and back then i had everything updated but i will defo check.

cheers again
I may well be wrong and Kodi may utilise external codecs but I don't ever recall having to install third party stuff to get it working, I've certainly installed it on many fresh installs - every Windows release from XP through to 8.1 and only issue I've encountered is a bad gfx driver. Usually if it's a bad gfx driver the whole Kodi program just refuses to open though (for me at least, on older machines) so not sure that's the problem tbh but it's my best guess currently I'm afraid.

Can you confirm this only happens during playback and not in the GUI too?

Also make sure you're running the latest stable build (Jarvis) and not one of the nightlies mate.
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

aye mate just when playing video in kodi, everything else works as it should. yea have the latest stable kodi installed will check the drivers out when i get a chance and hopefully that will fix it, if not ill try a fresh install again just in case something when wrong with the install
hi whuf, finally got a chance to check out the computer again over the weekend there. ok so i checked the gfx driver etc but all were installed correctly and up to date.

As stated before everything out of kodi works great and apart from the no video (but correct sound) everything else seems to be as it should and without errors. I did do a debug test just to see if anything was in the log but nothing jumped out at me, could it be something to do with a script module? anyways here the log - https://paste.ubuntu.com/23759373/
still haven't got this working, gona try uninstalling kodi and doing a full fresh install, will let you know how it turns out
After doing a full clean kodi install results are still the same. both iplayer and youtube both work on the internet browser but not in kodi same sound witholut video. i tested with a few other video plugins such as exdous but the same results (i posted a debug log file in the previos post)

Also checked the likes of the gfx drivers but all are up to date and even tried installing codec packs and an update to flash player on the computer but still same results. is there anything else i can try?
Are you hooking the PC up to your TV or are you using a monitor? I'd check it works on your monitor first so we can rule out any potential PC > TV problems. Not that I can think of any which would cause this to happen but I suppose it could be an older style TV you're trying to hook it up to and the resolution isn't playing nicely?

If you change your settings level to Expert and go into the Settings > Video section you should find options that syncs the playback refresh rate and things like that, you could try tweaking with those a bit.

I had a look in the log and I couldn't find anything in there I'm afraid. Feel free to pop into the group chat on telegram and maybe the guys might be able to get the bottom of it if we can work in realtime.

hey mate will o, yea its a real weird one i haven't personally come across before. did try tweaking some setting and turning the likes of hardware acceleration off but nothing seems to change anything. im at a loss tbh, everything works great on the computer bar kodi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pairing the video.me problem Lindasarah 3 4,512 10-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  How to install or update kodi 16 jarvis to kodi 17 without computer on firestick BABU 1 3,383 08-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Last Post: andrewrb
  MOVED: About Istream IMDB playlist video files andrewrb 0 272 01-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Last Post: andrewrb
  MOVED: Intro Video Navigation Buttons whufclee 0 311 12-26-2015, 11:03 PM
  Increasing volume playing mp3s zhong 1 448 04-30-2015, 09:20 AM
  Video Freeze Dalet 5 1,696 01-24-2015, 03:23 PM
  Darken the Android tablet screen for Playing mp3 music on xbmc zhong 1 918 09-01-2014, 06:34 AM
  Video Guides -VPN and Connection settings bromerzz 9 2,991 07-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bigperm0107
  Intro video/splash screen flowerpot 0 1,890 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Video Nodes Not Loading tbombonator 0 350 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: