Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog Audio Out From Android TV Box
I have a Android TV box (Henscoqi M9X M3) that I want to get analog audio out - is that possible?  I thought the port labeled AV was analog audio out, but I misread the box's description - I think I saw what I wanted not what it was telling me.

I use the HDMI out to my entertainment system and it works fine, but I need an analog audio (I think) of that signal in addition to drive the second zone off the stereo.  The stereo needs an analog input for the additional zone feature.

I suspect that with the HDMI active the AV output might be disabled, not sure.  Does anyone know if the AV port is active while HDMI is active?  I also don't know what kind of cable is compatible with the AV port and if I can connect that to my stereo's RCA plugs.

Alternatively, is there a device that I can insert in the HDMI path which allows tapping off audio to produce analog audio out I need while passing the HDMI with both audio & video?

Any ideas from those who know more about this than I do?

Thanks
Sponsored Links:
Looks like the AV port on that requires the generic 3.5mm jack to RCA lead, however I'm not sure it's going to be any use to you.

I have a feeling you can only use the analog OR HDMI, don't think you can use a combo of the two. I could well be wrong as I'm only going on results from testing I've done on much older (similar) devices. I would be surprised if you can use a combination of the two though, hardware wise I'm fairly sure the components are separate entities and are not inter-linked in any way, or at least that's how it used to be - you'd have one or the other enabled.

Maybe you could use something like this? No idea if it would work, never used anything like that so I can't give any advice I'm afraid - just something I quickly googled and was the first result that came up which looked like it could potentially work.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Thanks whufciee for the quick reply.

I will look for other devices like what you suggested but also pass through the original HDMI - that looks like my best option.
Thanks again.
No problem, please update us on how you get on.

The guys at the official kodi.tv forum may be able to help but (as daft as it sounds) you might get some really good advice on the xbmc4xbox.org.uk forum. It's not overly active these days but the guys who still use it are very clued up on things like this and are very friendly, I reckon the user xman would probably be able to advise on what the best solution would be. Just be sure to explain what device you have as the forum is for xbmc4xbox but they do have an "off topic" section.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hide media art from Android phone's picture app Eieiohh 8 1,432 04-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Eieiohh
  Best Android box with integrated DVB-T2 (and DVB-S2) and XBMC Live TV zod 1 1,638 02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Last Post: madmaxamus
  XBMC no video on my LCD TV using hdmi cable connected to Android tablet. zhong 8 2,759 08-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Last Post: zhong
  Fix Poor Wi-Fi On Android Stick whufclee 0 1,627 06-24-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  android performance very poor :( MMeirolas 0 1,429 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Recommend Android Box for first time Xbmc user madmaxamus 0 1,937 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  XBMC LAUNCHER (have android boot straight to xbmc) gandelf 0 5,948 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Remote Control & File Mgmt - Android Box ddzc 0 1,411 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Small android media player for caravan avd 0 777 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  The best android box? machetillo 0 1,434 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: